- Name: Anji White, in Chinese "安吉白茶"
- Tea Type: Green Tea
- Origin: Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province of China
- Production Date: April 2020
- Shelf Life: 18 Months
- Harvest Time: end of March 2020
- Storage: Tight sealed, odorless, best to keep in cold condition
Anji White Leaf tea is a green tea produced in Anji County, Zhejiang Province, China. This tea cultivar was discovered in 1982.
Anji White Tea (Anji Bai Cha) is called "white" tea because its buds are light green white and won't turn to green after April each year. The picking time of Anji Bai Cha is extremely short, mainly from late March to around April 18, as the buds are still quite white and meet the standard to make Anji White Tea. The long, narrow leaves are yellow in color and have a recognizable fold along the length of the leaf.
It is not as widely planted as other teas and has a short harvesting period; it is a comparatively rare tea, and as such, is among the most expensive teas in China. The MingQian Superior tea is favored by most of people because its precious limited production and best of the best high quality leaves.
A 2010 study found that the tea is high in polysaccharides which can inhibit the hemolysis of blood cells. Further research found that the tea plant has low chlorophyll and poly-phenol content (which explains the whitish-green tea leaves) but is very rich in amino acids. It has almost twice the amount comparing to other green teas. Amino acid helps suppress cortisol and reduces stress.
An Ji White Tea (Anji Baicha), White Jade Phoenix Tea (Yu Feng Cha)
The taste is refreshingly delicate and soothing, with a slight hint of orchid sweetness in its aroma. It is very important that the temperature of the water used for steeping this tea should never exceed 80 degrees Celsius. As with all other green teas, use 70°c - 80°c to bring the best out of this tea.
The tea leaves of An Ji Bai Cha have one of the freshest appearances of any teas. The leaf patterns are still visible. Once infused, the tea leaves starts to turn whitish-green in color and unfurl into one-bud-one-leaf form.
- Tea ware recommended: Clear tall glass
- tea leaves/ water: 1g:40ml(adjust amount for personal preference)
- water temperature: ~180°F
- Warm the glass with hot boiling water then discard water.
- Using a teaspoon, take an appropriate amount of tea leaves(Generally 3g) and put it into the glass.
- Add a small amount of 180°F of hot boiled water into glass, about 1/3 of glass. Rotate the glass for about 20 sec. to wet leaves. At the meantime, enjoy the released fragrance of tea.
- And then fill up with hot water along the edge of the glass.
- Ready to serve after a couple minutes.
- Subsequent brewing: refill hot water for next brewing when 1/3 of tea is remained in the glass.
*Gradually increase steeping time and for subsequent brewing.
Fast Shipping & Easy Return
14 Days Money back guarantee
Secured and Trusted Checkout
Recently Viewed Products
Anji White Premium Green Tea
Orders are normally shipped by USPS or UPS services whichever is more economically but fast.
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2 business days. *PLEASE ALLOW AN ADDITIONAL DAY FOR HANDLING DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK.
- Order over $39.99: free shipping
- Under $39.99: Only $2.99 flat rate
- Oversize Products:
- $5.99 additional rate to Zip code number starting with 8 & 9
Shipment method and Estimated delivery time:
- USPS First Class: 2-5 business days
- USPS Priority: 2-3 business days
- UPS Ground: 2-5 business days
Shipment confirmation & Order tracking
Customer will receive a Shipment Confirmation email with tracking numbers once the order has been shipped.
Shipment to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses
We ship to addresses within the U.S., U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
LunaCha.com ships to addresses within the U.S., U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO/DPO addresses. Customer is responsible for any additional cost if order is returned due to unreachable addresses.
P.O Box addresses are only acceptable for small packages. Please understand that P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted for any package weighed over 2 lbs or large dimension package.
*Canada and other information about our Shipping & Return Policy.