The fresh, clear and bright yellow tea liquor drifting with light vanilla and Guan Yin fragrance, taste sweet and smooth filled with round tea flavor.
- Name: Tie Guan Yin(Ti Kuan Yin), "铁观音" in Chinese
- Aroma/Flavor: Light-bodied orchid
- Origin: Fuding, Fujian Province of China
- Production Day: April, 2019
- Shelf Time: 36 months
- Season: Spring
It can be either using porcelain teapot or Yixing clay teapot to steep Tie Guan Yin tea. However, due to the recent light fermentation Tie Guan Yin is getting popular and it is more about aroma so we suggest choosing porcelain tea set such as gaiwan(lidded bowl) or teapot. This is conducive to develop the aroma of Tie Guan Yin.
- tea and water: 1g:30ml (adjust for personal preference)
- water temperature: 212°F
- Take ~8 grams tea placed in the gaiwan, add boiling water.
- Skim off impurities by using teapot lid.
- Immediately pour tea out to a tea pitcher.
- Use the first infusion to rinse the tea wares then discard it.
- After rinse the tea wares, do the second infusion with boiling water again, and cover with lid.
- Second infusion can be ready after 15 sec. Pour out the tea into tea pitcher.
- Ready to share the tea from tea pitcher.
*add additional 10 sec. for subsequent steeping.