- Name: ”白牡丹“ in Chinese, pronounced bai mu dan
- Tea Type: White Peony Tea Cake/Bai Mu Dan
- Origin: FuDing, Fujian
- Production Date: April, 2014
- Herbal note, very soft, creamy, papaya, a touch of honey flavor
- Season: Spring
- Storing: Keep dry and odorless, away from sunlight
- Shelf Life: the longer the better under proper storage condition
This White Peony, “Bai Mu Dan” incorporates one bud and two tiny leaves, harvested in early spring in 2014, covered with tiny silver and white fuzz on one side and touting a deep sage green color on the other side.
The processing rules require this tea only to be picked between March 15 and April 10. It is not picked on days that may be raining or if the dew has not dried or if there is frost on the ground. No purple buds are allowed and the stems must not be too long or too short. Leaves damaged by wind, handling, insects or partially open are rejected and put into a lower grade. This best Bai Mu Dan is produced using the two leaves and a bud proportion and is naturally withered to produce leaves that are not black or red but brownish green in color.
White Peony is grown in Fuding, the hometown of white tea in Fujian Province of China. This white tea cake is made from very small buds and leaves that are plucked in early spring. The leaves are multi-colored like autumn foliage. White Peony has a bold taste with hints of oak, nut and vanilla with an apricot color brew. A delicate lingering fragrance and a fresh mellow sweet taste devoid of astringency or grassy flavor with a shimmering clear infusion. You will notice a very mild peony aroma when brewing the tea and a floral aroma. The brew is a very pale green or golden color. Fruity and darker then Silver Needle, yet not as strong as Shou Mei. This delicate, light white tea has a very clean, fresh taste with delicate floral notes. The finest quality should have a shimmering clear infusion with a delicate lingering fragrance and a fresh, mellow, sweet taste devoid of astringency and grassy flavors.
- Ratio of tea and water: 1g:50ml (depending on personal taste)
- Water temperature recommended: 200°F
- Gently pick out the leaves with a tea awl along layer of the tea cake (or brick). Use certain amount of leaves for certain amount of people.(5g)
- Put the tea leaves into a teapot.
- And then pour boiling water into the pot to warm and wet the leaves that can improve the clarity of tea and also can fully release the true taste of tea.
- Skim off the impurities and immediately drain off the water.
- Add hot water into pot for first infusion about 1 minute.
- Transfer the tea to a fair cup with a strainer.
- Ready to share. Enjoy the aroma before tasting it.
*Gradually increase steeping time and for subsequent brewing.
*Other way to brew white tea.
Fast Shipping & Easy Return
14 Days Money back guarantee
Secured and Trusted Checkout
Recently Viewed Products
White Peony Tea 2014
Orders are normally shipped by USPS or UPS services whichever is more economically but fast.
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2 business days.
- Order over $39.99: free shipping
- Under $39.99: Only $2.99 flat rate
Shipment method and Estimated delivery time:
- USPS First Class: 2-5 business days
- USPS Priority: 2-3 business days
- UPS Ground: 2-5 business days
Shipment confirmation & Order tracking
Customer will receive a Shipment Confirmation email with tracking numbers once the order has been shipped.
Shipment to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses
We ship to addresses within the U.S., U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
LunaCha.com ships to addresses within the U.S., U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO/DPO addresses. Customer is responsible for any additional cost if order is returned due to unreachable addresses.
P.O Box addresses are only acceptable for small packages. Please understand that P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted for any package weighed over 2 lbs or large dimension package.
*Canada and other information about our Shipping & Return Policy.