- Name: Mu Dan Wang, King of White Peony, "牡丹王"
- Tea Type: White Tea
- Origin: Fuding, Fujian
- Production Date: 2017
- Harvest Time: MingQian ( earlier spring )
- Shelf Life: the longer the better under proper storage condition
- Storage: keep dry, odorless and away from sunlight
Mu Dan Wang or King of White Peony tea is a cheaper version of Silver Needle with fewer buds and more leaf, and better than regular White Peony. It is produced in the spring and is usually covered in white silver plant fuzz. It is widely considered to be the second grade of white tea. The tea is grown and produced in Fuding, hometown of white tea in Fujian Province of China.
Bai Mu Dan is a White tea that includes new leaves as well as the center needle sprout. While widely considered to be a lower grade than Silver Needle, it is actually a separate category of white tea that includes grades of its own. Bai Mu Dan style is often preferred by white tea drinkers for its fuller flavor and greater potency than the White Hair Silver Needle style tea, which is made with undeveloped leaves, and so it is comparatively pale when brewed.
Grown on the misty mountains of Fujian province in China, the downy silver buds and fresh young leaves are soft and intoxicatingly fragrant. The resulting liquor is a beautiful golden yellow with a more robust texture than your average white tea. The taste is deliciously rich, sweet cream butter with light, pleasing vegetal notes. Slightly astringent, it leaves behind just enough of the smooth sweetness to make you anxious for more. Over ice, this bold white tea plays coy, leaving behind the vegetal notes for an exquisitely refreshing taste experience.
- Serving size: ~5g
- Ratio of tea and water: 1g:50ml (depending on personal taste)
- Water temperature recommended: 95°c -100°c
- Gently pick out the leaves with a tea awl along layer of the tea cake. Use certain amount of leaves for certain count of people.
- Put the tea leaves into a teapot.
- And then pour boiling water into the pot to warm and wet the leaves that can improve the clarity of tea and also can fully release the true taste of tea.
- Skim off the impurities and immediately drain off the water.
- Add hot water into pot for first infusion about 30-45 sec.
- Transfer the tea to a fair cup with a strainer.
- Ready to share. Enjoy the aroma before tasting it.
*Gradually increase steeping time and for subsequent brewing.
Fast Shipping & Easy Return
14 Days Money back guarantee
Secured and Trusted Checkout
Recently Viewed Products
King of White Peony Tea First Flush Mu Dan Wang 2017
Orders are normally shipped by USPS or UPS services whichever is more economically but fast.
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2 business days. *PLEASE ALLOW AN ADDITIONAL DAY FOR HANDLING DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK.
- Order over $39.99: free shipping
- Under $39.99: Only $2.99 flat rate
- Oversize Products:
- $5.99 additional rate to Zip code number starting with 8 & 9
Shipment method and Estimated delivery time:
- USPS First Class: 2-5 business days
- USPS Priority: 2-3 business days
- UPS Ground: 2-5 business days
Shipment confirmation & Order tracking
Customer will receive a Shipment Confirmation email with tracking numbers once the order has been shipped.
Shipment to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses
We ship to addresses within the U.S., U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
LunaCha.com ships to addresses within the U.S., U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO/DPO addresses. Customer is responsible for any additional cost if order is returned due to unreachable addresses.
P.O Box addresses are only acceptable for small packages. Please understand that P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted for any package weighed over 2 lbs or large dimension package.
*Canada and other information about our Shipping & Return Policy.