This entry level "Lao Ban Zhang" raw cake is harvested and produced in early spring 2013. 100% handmade and compressed with stone mold. It totally meets the standard of "one bud & two leaves".
- Origin: Menghai, YunNan Province
- Production Date: 2013
- Shelf Life: the longer in proper condition, the better
- Storing: Keep dry and odorless, away from sunlight
For best tasting result, the pressed pu erh tea should be pried to loose form and exposed in the air few days before brewing.
- Tea ware recommended: Yixin Clay, Gaiwan, Ceramic teapot
- Water Temperature: 195°F to 212°F
- Tea leaves / water: 1g:30ml (adjust amount for own preference)
The usual brewing method of raw pu’erh tea:
- Prepare certain amount of tea leaves for certain count of people.
- Rinse tea wares with hot boiling water.
- Put the tea leaves into a teapot.
- And then pour boiling water into it to wash off the dirt and impurities of tea, immediately drain off the water. In this case can improve the clarity of tea and also can fully release the true taste of pu'er tea.
- First steep: Pour the hot water into tea pot and steep for 30 to 45 sec.
- Transfer tea to a fair cup and ready to share.
*Gradually increase steeping time when tea is fading out