- Name: Tea Nuggets, Lao Cha Tou, "老茶头",
- Tea Type: ripe pu erh tea，"熟茶"
- Origin: Meng Hai, Yunnan
- Year: 2010
- Permit: SC11453092521061
These ten-year aged Meng Hai tea nuggets are handpicked in average sizes. Intense red and bright tea has no musty notes that tastes very pure and refreshing, sweet of rice, not complicated. Tea will become thicker and more intense with palpable thickness and smoothness after a few steeps. Long lasting, it remains sweet aroma in the palate from the beginning of delicate mouthfeel.
The steeped tea nuggets is unlike other pu erh tea that tea leaves are loosened after it is steeped. The Lao Cha Tou tea nugget is always conglutinated no matter how it is being steeped.
Since 2010, this tea has been fermented and stored in Meng Hai, where the best place for ripe pu erh fermentation due to the suitability of water quality and the environment climate for pile fermentation. The disparity of climate between day and night in Meng Hai are very close, is closer than any other places in the region. And the water used for tea fermentation is as important as the water used to produce good wines. Using Meng Hai water for fermentation will neither produce sour nor muddy flavor in ripe pu erh tea.
- serving amount: 1 nugget/serving
- Steeping temperature: ~212°F
- 120ml water for 1 nugget(~9g)
- Rinse tea wares with hot boiling water.
- Put the tea leaves into a teapot.
- And then pour boiling water into to wash off the dirt and impurities of tea, rinse tea nugget twice before brewing.
- Use first two cups of discard tea to rinse tea wares. In this case can improve the clarity of tea and also can fully release the true taste of pu erh tea.
- Tea starts from 3nd steep: Pour boiling water into tea pot and steep for about 45 sec for each of the first few steeps.
- Transfer tea to a tea pitcher and ready to share.
*Gradually decrease steeping time when tea is getting stronger. A complete steeping guide and other preparation tips for tea nuggets may be very helpful to read.
Fast Shipping & Easy Return
14 Days Money back guarantee
Secured and Trusted Checkout
Recently Viewed Products
Meng Hai Aged Tea Nuggets - Lao Cha Tou
Orders are normally shipped by USPS or UPS services whichever is more economically but fast.
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2 business days.
- Order over $39.99: free shipping
- Under $39.99: Only $2.99 flat rate
Shipment method and Estimated delivery time:
- USPS First Class: 2-5 business days
- USPS Priority: 2-3 business days
- UPS Ground: 2-5 business days
Shipment confirmation & Order tracking
Customer will receive a Shipment Confirmation email with tracking numbers once the order has been shipped.
Shipment to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses
We ship to addresses within the U.S., U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
LunaCha.com ships to addresses within the U.S., U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO/DPO addresses. Customer is responsible for any additional cost if order is returned due to unreachable addresses.
P.O Box addresses are only acceptable for small packages. Please understand that P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted for any package weighed over 2 lbs or large dimension package.
*Canada and other information about our Shipping & Return Policy.