White Hair Silver Needle (Bai Hao Yin Zhen) is one of the most revered of Chinese teas, produced in the Fuding and Zhenhe districts of Fujian province. Gathered only for a few days in early spring, the dedication to perfection is evident in the pale, ivory colored liquor. The lingering fragrance of our Silver Needle is delicately honeysuckle floral, with a warmed sugar sweetness and a subtle hint of white grapes. Silver Needle feels refreshing, soft and airy on the palate. This is a superior grade Bai Hao version of this exquisite tea, perfect to enjoy in multiple infusions.
- Tea Type: White Tea
- Origin: Fuding, Fujian Province of China
- Harvest Time: MingQian Earlier Spring
- Production Date: August. 2018
- Shelf Life: 18 Months
- Storage: Tight sealed, keep dry and odorless, away from sunlight
Transparent glass with handle or gaiwan is recommended for White Hair Silver Needle tea brewing. By using glass, the dramatic pose changing of this tea leaves in the water can be appreciated through the glass from all angles. The steeping water temperature about 95°c would be best. Use 3g-4g of leaves for 150ml of water. The brewing method is basically same way as brewing other green teas. Brewing time should be longer, due to its untwisted process that tea juice is not easily released.
- water temperature: ~200°F to 212°F
- water/dry leaves: 1g/30ml (adjust for thickness)
- Using a teaspoon, take an appropriate amount of tea (Generally 5g, depending on personal taste) and put it into the glass.
- Pour small amount of hot boiling water into the glass until tea leaves fully covered by water. Let it steep for about 10 sec. to wet the leaves.
- And then fill it up with 200°F of hot boiled water by using straight pouring method that makes leaves rolling up and down.
- Let it stand for about 2 min to serve.
*Gradually increase steeping time and for subsequent brewing.
- Using a teaspoon, take an appropriate amount of tea (Generally 5g, depending on personal taste) and put it into gaiwan.
- Pour hot boiling water or 200°F into it and cover with lid.
- First and second infusion takes about 2-3 min.
- Enjoy the aroma before taste it.
*Other way to brew white tea.
Fast Shipping & Easy Return
14 Days Money back guarantee
Secured and Trusted Checkout
Recently Viewed Products
Silver Needle Loose Leaf White Tea
Orders are normally shipped by USPS or UPS services whichever is more economically but fast.
Shipment processing time
- All orders are processed within 2 business days.
- Order over $39.99: free shipping
- Under $39.99: Only $2.99 flat rate
Shipment method and Estimated delivery time:
- USPS First Class: 2-5 business days
- USPS Priority: 2-3 business days
- UPS Ground: 2-5 business days
Shipment confirmation & Order tracking
Customer will receive a Shipment Confirmation email with tracking numbers once the order has been shipped.
Shipment to P.O. boxes or APO/FPO addresses
We ship to addresses within the U.S., U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO/DPO addresses.
LunaCha.com ships to addresses within the U.S., U.S. Territories, and APO/FPO/DPO addresses. Customer is responsible for any additional cost if order is returned due to unreachable addresses.
P.O Box addresses are only acceptable for small packages. Please understand that P.O. Box addresses are NOT accepted for any package weighed over 2 lbs or large dimension package.
*Canada and other information about our Shipping & Return Policy.