- Origin: Menghai, Yunnan
- Production Year: 2017
- Ingredients: first flush spring raw leaves from about 800 year-old arbors
- Storing: dry, odorless and ventilated, avoid sun light
- Shelf Life: the more aged the better
Lao Ban Zhang, the most well-known tea in the Menghai Tea District. This high end tea is processed with an ancient method of “Lao Ban Zhang 800 year-old ancient arbor leaves” that were supervised on special picking and finely made by professional tea master. It is made of pure spring first flush raw ingredients from ancient arbors that being through the time of a cold winter toughening, the ancient tea trees have sufficient content and deep nutrients.
For best tasting result, the pressed pu erh tea should be pried to loose form before brewing.
- Tea ware recommended: Yixin Clay, Gaiwan, Ceramic teapot
- Water Temperature: 195°F to 212°F
- Tea leaves / water: 1g:50ml (depending on personal taste)
Common brewing steps of raw pu’erh tea:
- Rinse tea wares with hot boiling water.
- Put the tea leaves into a teapot.
- Pour boiling water into it to wash off the dirt and impurities of tea, immediately drain off the water. In this case can improve the clarity of tea and also can fully release the taste of pu erh tea.
- First steep: fill hot water into tea pot and steep for about 45 sec.
- Transfer tea to a tea pitcher and ready to share.
*Gradually increase steeping time when tea is fading out