Huangshan MaoFeng Green Tea
Huangshan MaoFeng is a green tea produced in south eastern interior Anhui province of China. The tea is one of the most famous teas in China and can almost always be found on the China Famous Tea list.
The tea is grown near Yellow Mountain, which is home to many famous varieties of Green Teas. The best teas are picked in the early spring before China's Qingming Festival (MingQian). When picking the tea, only the new tea buds and the leaf next to the bud are picked. It is said by local tea farmers that the leaves resemble orchid buds.
Huangshan Mao feng is growing at latitude 30 ° 08, located in between the subtropical and temperate regions where the precipitation is relatively abundant. The geology and geomorphology, mineral resources, hydrology and climate in the area are diverse and complex.
Super grade Huangshan Maofeng shaped like a bird tongue, Colored like ivory. After brewing, the clear tea liquor taste fresh, mellow and sweet.
- Slimming effect: the Caffeine, inositol, folic acid, pantothenic acid, aromatic substances and other compounds in the tea, can regulate fat metabolism.
- Inhibit cancer cells: according to report that flavonoids in tea have varying degrees of anti-cancer effect.
- Anti-aging: Antioxidant and physiological activity of polyphenols both is the free radical scavenger of human body.
Glass or white porcelain cup are all good for this tea. Brewing green tea could be challenged sometimes if not using appropriate temperature of water. The appropriate water temperature for brewing this tea should be around 175°F. Tea generally can continue to brew up to 2-3 times. General speaking, the first infusion is not the best, but second infusion.
To Brewing Huangshan Maofeng, the following points are worth to be noticed. Otherwise, even the finest Huangshan Mao Feng can be ruined the best taste.
- Proportion: with the appropriate thickness of tea liquor can be very enjoyed to the taste and aroma. Thickness can be scientifically measured, but most people ignore this indicator. So still on your own, generally rather drink light but not thick.
- Water temperature: green teas as Huangshan Maofeng, West Lake Dragon Well tea should be brewed with around 175°F -195°F of boiling water, but may need hotter water for older tea.
- Steeping Time: Generally it takes 3 to 10 minutes. Over brewed tea is not only tasted bad, but also brought out the harmful substances from the leaves.